UK: Coca-Cola unveils Duffy for Diet Coke Europe campaign
Coca-Cola UK has confirmed that Welsh singer Duffy will star in its new Diet Coke European advertising campaign.
The "multi-million" pound campaign, announced today (14 January), is set to launch in a number countries across Europe early this year.
The advert will show the singer - best known for her hit 'Mercy' - acting in one of a series of 30 and 60-second spots alongside other "strong, sassy young women" who are celebrating their right to "stand up to the pressures of modern day life", Coca-Cola said.
"Our campaigns are well known for tapping into a powerful social and cultural zeitgeist and Duffy is a great embodiment of today's modern female attitudes," said Cathryn Sleight, Coca-Cola UK marketing director. "She has a strong appeal with our core female audience and we're confident that this campaign will become just as iconic as previous Diet Coke advertising campaigns."
Duffy added: "I love the attitude of this new Diet Coke ad. I drink so much of the stuff, they were either going to give me shares in the company or put me in the advert."
Many can smell more than a whiff of political posturing in Venezuela's decision to ban Coca-Cola Zero....
Spanish police said this week that they have uncovered a plot by Basque separatist group ETA to assassinate a Spanish senior judge by giving him poisoned French brandy as a "present". just-drinks look...
Coca-Cola Co has launched the latest in its series of Nascar-related adverts for Coca-Cola Zero, to coincide with the brand's fourth anniversary....
Tata Tea plans to expand from its tea and coffee heartland and compete globally in the 'ready-to-drink' beverages market....
The Coca-Cola Co has defended the safety of its Coca-Cola Zero drink and has held talks with officials in Venezuela, following the Government's decision to ban the product....
Hansen Natural has seen its share price slip by 11% after it emerged that like-for-like sales declined in May, partly due to teething problems in the group's distribution deal for Monster Energy with ...
A Coca Cola Coke Zero advert has been banned in Australia following complaints by the public that it is "offensive" and "degrades women"....
UK vodka sales will rise to GBP2bn (US$2.92bn) by 2013, but the pace of growth is set to slow, according to the latest research from Mintel....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future