UK: Coca-Cola to stick with Diet Coke 'hunk'
Coca-Cola has dismissed recent media reports suggesting it plans to drop its 'hunk' from this year's Diet Coke advertising campaign in the UK.
Speaking to just-drinks today (18 January), a spokesperson for Coca-Cola said that there were no plans to drop the 'hunk' from its Diet Coke advertising, adding that its current packaging change also has nothing to do with the rumoured alterations to its brand image.
The spokesperson said: "It is not about repositioning, it's a graphics change" explained the spokesperson, "it is filtering in now, slowly, there are promotions going on certain packs."
"The 'Diet Coke' break adverts have been a huge success since it was first aired, and now ranks as one of the top five best ads ever tested by Millward Brown. Coca-Cola GB is currently running the 'Diet Coke' break adverts in Great Britain featuring its latest 'hunk' and will continue to do so throughout 2008," added the company.
Shares in the Dr Pepper Snapple Group officially begun trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday (7 May). Headlines accompanying the first few days of this newly-listed soft drinks group wer...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news on V&S and A-B and cost pressures at Cott, whilst whisky dominated the spirits headlines....
Fomento Economico Mexicano (FEMSA) is set to invest US$1.4bn in its business this year, up 40% from 2007, as it continues to grow its business in Latin and South America....
Anheuser-Busch has agreed to cease production of caffeinated alcohol beverages, following pressure from several US states....
Shares in major soft drinks producers fell yesterday (16 June) on concerns that serious flooding in the corn-growing region of the central US will increase the costs of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS)...
Boo Koo Holdings has secured distribution in the southern US with Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated for its BooKoo Burner+ soft drink....
The Coca-Cola Co is phasing out the preservative sodium benzoate (E211) from its Diet Coke brand in the UK with expectations of complete removal by August, the company confirmed today (30 May)....
Carlsberg hopes to have completed negotiations to sell off a handful of soft drinks brands to The Coca-Cola Company by the second quarter of this year, a spokesman reiterated to just-drinks today....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research