INDIA: Coca-Cola to shop around for brands
Having acquired the country's largest selling soft drink brands of Thums Up, Parle, Gold Spot, Citra and Limcra, which account for around half of Coca-Cola India's sales, Atlanta has said it can look at all possible business models.
President of Coca-Cola India, Alex Von Behr told the Indian press: "Acquisitions of existing brands is one of them and if acquiring a strong brand is more cost-effective than building a brand on our own, we'll do that," he said.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018