INDIA: Coca-Cola to shop around for brands
Coca-Cola India plans to expand its present portfolio of soft drinks, in a bid to become a complete non-alcoholic beverages company, according to the Indian press.Having acquired the country's largest selling soft drink brands of Thums Up, Parle, Gold Spot, Citra and Limcra, which account for around half of Coca-Cola India's sales, Atlanta has said it can look at all possible business models.President of Coca-Cola India, Alex Von Behr told the Indian press: "Acquisitions of existing brands is one of them and if acquiring a strong brand is more cost-effective than building a brand on our own, we'll do that," he said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends