UK: Coca-Cola to phase out Vanilla Coke
Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola Co. is to phase out its Vanilla Coke and Vanilla Diet Coke brands in the UK early in 2006, only two years after they were introduced.
However, the company said it plans to launch Diet Coke with Cherry in the UK in February 2006. That will mean there will be three core flavours in the Diet Coke range, Diet Coke with Cherry, Diet Coke with Lemon and Diet Coke with Lime.
Analysts see the move as further indication of the importance of the low-cal category to Coca-Cola, as consumers seek healthier alternatives to traditional carbonated soft drinks.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne