UK: Coca-Cola to launch stevia version of Sprite
Click through to view an image of the new product
Coca-Cola has confirmed it is relaunching its Sprite brand in the UK as a new low-calorie product using the sweetener stevia.
The new Sprite, which is being released in the country next month, will replace the current version of the drink, the company said today (6 March). Coca-Cola says the new product will contain 30% less sugar and calories than the original.
An advertising campaign will launch in May, encouraging people to “rediscover” Sprite, the company said. It will retail at a RRP of GBP1.98 (US$2.98) for a two-litre bottle.
Coca-Cola launched a similar stevia version of Sprite in France last year.
The move in the UK is part of the group's commitment to the government's responsibility deal.
It comes ahead of a new TV advert launching in the UK tonight telling consumers that calories are a factor in managing weight issues.
Coca-Cola will also launch new Coca-Cola Zero advertising in the UK in April.
Earlier this year, Coca-Cola launched its two-minute anti-obesity ad in the US.
Struggling sales for diet soft drinks should see a new wave of innovation break over the category. Tom Vierhile reports....
The Coca-Cola Company is the largest beverage company in the world, mainly operating in carbonates, fruit juices, fruit drinks, bottled water, sports and energy drinks, RTD tea and RTD coffee, milk- a...
Bottled water shortages during the second half of 2012 meant that sales of carbonates benefited slightly. Unit prices are comparable – E£5.00 and E£11.10 per litre for bottled water and carbonates in ...
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- just Five Years Ago - The Birth of Accolade Wines
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Beam Suntory appoints chief HR officer
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research