INDIA: Coca Cola to invest in bottling subsidiary
Hindustan Coca Cola Holdings (HCCH) has plans to make a fresh investment of US$120m in its bottling subsidiary, Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages (HCCB). The move will increase HCCH's holding in its bottling arm to 100% from the current 50%.
The fresh investment will come partly from the US parent as foreign investment. The rest may be raised as debt. Coca Cola India's PR department said that the investment will not only help the company increase its penetration in the urban and rural markets, but will also help diversify its range of beverages.
Currently, the HCCB-owned bottling operations work in tandem with 23 other bottling operations owned by 15 different franchisees.
The Indian bottling arm plans to issue additional equity shares to HCCB.
I'm not one naturally to side with the hugely rich and influential, but I can't help but feel a twinge of sympathy for those members of the Taittinger clan who wanted to keep the family business. Alas...
The last month has seen the launch of two prestige wines from South Africa, not hitherto a region renowned for super-premium offerings. But if these two take off, Chris Losh expects to see more super-...
A new public relations agency has been appointed for two of Coors Brewing Company's beer brands....
Sweden's state-owned retail monopoly Systembolaget is launching an SEK8m (US$960,000) ad campaign to defend its hold on alcohol sales in the country....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
Cobra Beer has announced plans to launch Cobra Lower Cal/Lower Carb in the UK....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India