UK/FRANCE: Coca Cola to go still with Fanta
Coca Cola plans to launch a still version of its long-standing CSD brand Fanta in both France and the UK at the end of the month.
Speaking to just-drinks today (6 February) a spokesperson for The Coca-Cola Co. said that a global campaign "could be possible" for the future, but confirmed that "for now, it's just being launched into these two markets".
The still segment is currently the main driver of soft drinks consumption in France with sales up 17.6% last year, with considerable potential for further growth having at present 5.5m fewer household buyers than the CSD category, the company said.
In France, Fanta Still will be available in three flavours - Tropical, Orange Citrus and Orange Red Fruits - while in the UK the drink will be available in Orange Citrus and Orange Tropical, plus the no added sugar version Orange Tropical Zero.
Fanta Still will retail at EUR1.45 (US$2.12) for a 1.5 litre bottle and EUR2.56 for a pack of 6 x 33cl as well as being presented in 50cl size, the company added.
CCGB marketing director Cathryn Sleight said: "The new products have already had a really positive response from customers with strong distribution across the board. The launch of 'Fanta' Still marks a continued focus on the 'Fanta' brand over the coming years."
A Chicago businessman has filed a lawsuit against The Coca-Cola Co., accusing the soft drinks giant of stealing the Zero brand name....
An Italian unit of the Greek bottler of Coca-Cola drinks Coca-Cola Hellenic, is in discussions to buy Socib SpA whose bottled Coke is sold in the south of Italy....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has posted a slight lift in sales and profits for its second quarter....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
Coca-Cola Consolidated has cut 350 jobs, the equivalent of 5% of its work force, according to reports....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed details of its latest dividend and the election of two new officers....
The Coca-Cola Company has reported a fall in second quarter earnings, as the company took a hit on a non-cash impairment charge at bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises. Despite the fall, the result was still...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Q2 drags on half-year for Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research