UK/FRANCE: Coca Cola to go still with Fanta
Coca Cola plans to launch a still version of its long-standing CSD brand Fanta in both France and the UK at the end of the month.
Speaking to just-drinks today (6 February) a spokesperson for The Coca-Cola Co. said that a global campaign "could be possible" for the future, but confirmed that "for now, it's just being launched into these two markets".
The still segment is currently the main driver of soft drinks consumption in France with sales up 17.6% last year, with considerable potential for further growth having at present 5.5m fewer household buyers than the CSD category, the company said.
In France, Fanta Still will be available in three flavours - Tropical, Orange Citrus and Orange Red Fruits - while in the UK the drink will be available in Orange Citrus and Orange Tropical, plus the no added sugar version Orange Tropical Zero.
Fanta Still will retail at EUR1.45 (US$2.12) for a 1.5 litre bottle and EUR2.56 for a pack of 6 x 33cl as well as being presented in 50cl size, the company added.
CCGB marketing director Cathryn Sleight said: "The new products have already had a really positive response from customers with strong distribution across the board. The launch of 'Fanta' Still marks a continued focus on the 'Fanta' brand over the coming years."
A Chicago businessman has filed a lawsuit against The Coca-Cola Co., accusing the soft drinks giant of stealing the Zero brand name....
An Italian unit of the Greek bottler of Coca-Cola drinks Coca-Cola Hellenic, is in discussions to buy Socib SpA whose bottled Coke is sold in the south of Italy....
Coca-Cola FEMSA has posted a slight lift in sales and profits for its second quarter....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
Coca-Cola Consolidated has cut 350 jobs, the equivalent of 5% of its work force, according to reports....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed details of its latest dividend and the election of two new officers....
The Coca-Cola Company has reported a fall in second quarter earnings, as the company took a hit on a non-cash impairment charge at bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises. Despite the fall, the result was still...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Half-year sales lift for Pernod Ricard
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research