ROMANIA: Coca-Cola to close factory in Brasov
Coca-Cola HBC Romania has announced it will close its bottling factory in the central Romanian city of Brasov.
The operation will be relocated to its factories in Bucharest and Ploiesti. Coca-Cola HBC Romania operates five factories throughout the country in Bucharest, Ploiesti, Timisoara, Oradea and Iasi and payrolls some 2,500 employees.
The company's PR director Mugurel Radulescu said that in 2002 the focus would be on investments in technical equipment and establishing further partnership with Romanian companies.
Coca-Cola HBC Romania posted profits of €6.6m (US$5.9m) on turnover of €65.5m in 2000.
The last month has seen the launch of two prestige wines from South Africa, not hitherto a region renowned for super-premium offerings. But if these two take off, Chris Losh expects to see more super-...
A new public relations agency has been appointed for two of Coors Brewing Company's beer brands....
Coca-Cola HBC has reported rising underlying profits for the third quarter of the year....
Sweden's state-owned retail monopoly Systembolaget is launching an SEK8m (US$960,000) ad campaign to defend its hold on alcohol sales in the country....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
Cobra Beer has announced plans to launch Cobra Lower Cal/Lower Carb in the UK....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
The soft drink bottler Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling said today that it had seen a strong first quarter volume performance, with sales of 311m unit cases, 4% above 2004 on a reported basis....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends