US: Coca-Cola to change Diet Sprite - report
Diet Sprite may celebrate its 30th birthday next year with a name change. Reports over the weekend suggest that Coca-Cola may change the name of the drink to Sprite Zero, in an attempt to generate greater attention and sales.
The US trade magazine Beverage Digest said that as well as changing the name, Coca-Cola may also change the ingredients using a different kind of artificial sweetener. The company has not yet stated its attentions officially.
Sprite Zero has a track record of use in both Mexico and Greece.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Focus - Heineken's Q3 Performance by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch