UK: Coca-Cola to buy Denmark, Finland brands
The company told just-drinks today (8 May) that it had signed the letter of intent to acquire the trademark and other brand-owner rights to water brands Kildevaeld, Kurvand and Ramlosa in Denmark, the soft drink Hyvaa Paivaa and energy drink Battery in Finland.
Terms of the deal were not immediately available and a spokesperson for Coca-Cola said: "Discussions are still ongoing at this stage. The acquisition is expected to be finalised in the second quarter of 2008."
The company declined to comment on the cost of the acquisition.
Coca-Cola's distribution deal with Hansen Natural may best be summed up with the old catchphrase, 'if you can't beat them, join them'....
Scroll down to view the top 10 stories published on just-drinks this week....
Baltika Breweries, the leading Russian brewer, has reported sales and profit rises for the first nine months of 2008, lifted by a growing export business....
Strong growth for the Monster Energy drink brand has lifted sales and profit at Hansen Natural Corp in the third quarter, the group has said....
Carlsberg is hoping to find a Yorkshire-based partner in the UK to help with the production of its Tetley's ale brand in the country....
Slower western beer markets have forced Carlsberg to cut its earnings forecast for the full-year, despite announcing sales and profit rises for the year-to-date....
Falling beer sales in the UK have prompted Carlsberg to announce a brewery closure in the country, with the loss of 170 jobs....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has seen a one-off pension-related payment help turn profit to loss in its third quarter....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research