UK: Coca-Cola to buy Denmark, Finland brands
The company told just-drinks today (8 May) that it had signed the letter of intent to acquire the trademark and other brand-owner rights to water brands Kildevaeld, Kurvand and Ramlosa in Denmark, the soft drink Hyvaa Paivaa and energy drink Battery in Finland.
Terms of the deal were not immediately available and a spokesperson for Coca-Cola said: "Discussions are still ongoing at this stage. The acquisition is expected to be finalised in the second quarter of 2008."
The company declined to comment on the cost of the acquisition.
Coca-Cola's distribution deal with Hansen Natural may best be summed up with the old catchphrase, 'if you can't beat them, join them'....
Scroll down to view the top 10 stories published on just-drinks this week....
Baltika Breweries, the leading Russian brewer, has reported sales and profit rises for the first nine months of 2008, lifted by a growing export business....
Strong growth for the Monster Energy drink brand has lifted sales and profit at Hansen Natural Corp in the third quarter, the group has said....
Carlsberg is hoping to find a Yorkshire-based partner in the UK to help with the production of its Tetley's ale brand in the country....
Slower western beer markets have forced Carlsberg to cut its earnings forecast for the full-year, despite announcing sales and profit rises for the year-to-date....
Falling beer sales in the UK have prompted Carlsberg to announce a brewery closure in the country, with the loss of 170 jobs....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has seen a one-off pension-related payment help turn profit to loss in its third quarter....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research