UK: Coca-Cola sponsorship boss joins Diageo
The head of sponsorship at Coca-Cola has left to join Diageo as global sponsorship director.
Speaking to just-drinks today (3 May), a spokesperson for Diageo confirmed that Steve Cumming will be joining the drinks giant in July. Cumming replaces Sean Jefferson, who left Diageo in mid-February after two years to join a sports and entertainment marketing company.
Having joined Coca-Cola in 2004, Cummin was responsible for overseeing the company's sponsorship of football and rugby. He also worked on brands including Powerade, Fanta and Schweppes.
Cumming was previously involved in sponsorship at Carlsberg, where he managed the brewer's Liverpool FC and Football Association ties.
Scottish & Newcastle faces a tough battle to defend itself from the joint takeover launched by Carlsberg and Heineken. But today's announcement of a legal challenge to Carlsberg over alleged breac...
Diageo has launched a GBP5m pack redesign for its Scotch brand J&B....
Investment bank Lehman Brothers has upgraded shares in the global drinks group Diageo to 'equal-weight' from 'underweight', with a price target of GBP11.50....
UK-based brewing group Scottish and Newcastle has officially initiated legal proceedings against Carlsberg over the latter's alleged breach of a shareholders' agreement regarding the two companies' 50...
Diageo's CEO has signed up to a UN Global Compact initiative to conserve water....
Deepak Roy, the prominent Indian spirits industry figure, has reportedly taken a 5% stake in the drinks group BDA, which produces Officer's Choice whisky....
Investment bank Citigroup has raised its rating of Heineken NV to 'buy' from 'hold'....
Scottish & Newcastle has refused to rule out reports it is considering funding a solo bid for Carlsberg's stake in Baltic Beverages Holding, the Eastern European joint venture between the two brewers....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research