US: Coca-Cola silent on Snapple buy-up talk
The US-based drinks giant was responding to reports late last week that it would be in the running for the brand. A trade publication cited several Coca-Cola sources as saying: "Coke might be interested - or in words of some, should be interested - in buying Snapple to beef up its tea business."
Speaking to just-drinks today (26 June) a spokesperson for Coca-Cola said: "We will not talk about this."
Last week, UK-based Cadbury Schweppes said that it will probably sell off its US drinks business. Three groups are thought to be in the running for the unit - Blackstone, Kohlberg Kravis Roberts and Lion Capital are believed to make up one consortium, while another consists of Bain Capital, Texas Pacific and Thomas H Lee. A third possible group, made up of Canada's Cott Corp. and other private equity groups, is also thought to be looking to bid.
The drinks industry has not been immune from the growing influence of private equity groups (PEGS) in the corporate world. Critics argue that PEGs hark back to the worst excesses of 1980s corporate gr...
Continuity of brand message may be sound marketing practice, but Annette Farr wonders whether Coke's Christmas advertising chimes with the times. Rather than re-running old ads, she suggests Coke coul...
Coke's choice of Muhtar Kent as its next CEO ensures a smooth transition from Neville Isdell, and has gone down well with the company's bottling partners. But while the promotion of a chief operating ...
The Coca-Cola Co. has successfully appealed against a court ruling in Argentina that said a campaign by Danone had not affected sales of Coca-Cola's Dasani water brand in the country....
Cadbury Schweppes has announced the new name for its soon-to-be demerged North American drinks unit....
The Coca-Cola Co. is not planning to find a replacement chief operating officer following last week's reshuffle announcement....
US soft drinks group Thomas Kemper Soda has appointed Brett Zinkel as director of sales....
The Coca-Cola Company has extended its sponsorship agreement with NASCAR in the US by a further 10 years....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report