UK: Coca-Cola signs three-year O2 deal
Coca-Cola has signed a three-year sponsorship deal with AEG Europe, owners and operators of The O2 arena in the UK.
The deal, announced today (28 January) and effective immediately, includes both The O2 and indigo2, the arena's smaller 2,300 capacity music venue.
Cathryn Sleight, marketing director for Coca-Cola UK, said: "The O2 has firmly put itself on the map as 'the' entertainment venue in the UK. We have seen what other founding partners have achieved at The O2 and CCGB's aim is to ensure we capitalise on our sponsorship."
Coca-Cola will develop a 'customer engagement programme' with The O2 that will focus on competitions and cross promotions with their consumer website, 'Coke Zone'.
The Coca-Cola Co posted a healthy 16% lift in first half net profits this week, ahead of PepsiCo's 2% drop. Michelle Russell examines the fortunes of the two rivals....
Many can smell more than a whiff of political posturing in Venezuela's decision to ban Coca-Cola Zero....
Spanish police said this week that they have uncovered a plot by Basque separatist group ETA to assassinate a Spanish senior judge by giving him poisoned French brandy as a "present". just-drinks look...
Coca-Cola Co has launched the latest in its series of Nascar-related adverts for Coca-Cola Zero, to coincide with the brand's fourth anniversary....
Tata Tea plans to expand from its tea and coffee heartland and compete globally in the 'ready-to-drink' beverages market....
The Coca-Cola Co has defended the safety of its Coca-Cola Zero drink and has held talks with officials in Venezuela, following the Government's decision to ban the product....
Hansen Natural has seen its share price slip by 11% after it emerged that like-for-like sales declined in May, partly due to teething problems in the group's distribution deal for Monster Energy with ...
Coca-Cola has launched a campaign as part of its sponsorship of the UK Football League....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends