US: Coca-Cola rolls out Full Throttle “energy” coffee line
Coca-Cola North America is introducing a new "energy" coffee line to its Full Throttle range to be rolled out in the US this month.
The new addition, Full Throttle Coffee, will be rolled out in the US Pacific Northwest and Southeast regions this month before rolling out nationally in August.
Made with Colombian Arabica coffee and Full Throttle's energy and vitamin blend, Full Throttle Coffee will be available in mocha, vanilla and caramel flavours in 15-ounce aluminium cans.
"Guys are increasingly looking for great-tasting beverage options that will give them the extra 'kick' they need to conquer their day," said Rafael Acevedo, senior brand manager, energy drinks, Coca-Cola North America. "Full Throttle Coffee combines the smooth, rich taste of coffee with the intensity that you can only get from a Full Throttle energy drink."
The roll-out will be supported by an integrated marketing campaign and a sampling plan to drive awareness and trial. All introductory marketing materials will feature the tagline, "Coffee. Fully Charged", and packaging for Full Throttle Coffee Caramel will be bilingual, featuring both English and Spanish.
Full Throttle Coffee joins the Full Throttle energy drink family, which includes Full Throttle Original, Full Throttle Unleaded, Full Throttle Blue Demon and Full Throttle Fury.
Sectors: Soft drinks
Cadbury officially put its Australian soft drinks business up for sale this week following a strategic review of the business....
While the past 12 months have been difficult for many soft drinks companies, notably in North America, the last year has seen continued development in better-for-you categories, notably enhanced water...
Concern over environmental impacts and the need for functionality have precipitated many notable packaging innovations in the soft drinks arena. Simon Maddrell of Euromonitor International takes a loo...
Drought conditions have made the last few years tough for Australian wine producers. But while one might have expected the extended hot and dry conditions to be a fillip for the soft drinks sector, fi...
A recent report has warned that confidence in the soft drinks industry in Europe is on the slide....
Analysts have reacted positively to Coca-Cola Enterprises' announced restructuring plan and news that the bottler's 2008 earnings will not be as bad as feared....
Hansen Natural Corporation has announced it has signed a distribution deal for its Monster Energy drink with Mexican group Comercializadora Eloro, a subsidiary of Grupo Jumex....
Energy drink maker DC Brands hopes to open up new business in the sporting world by signing a deal with well-known sports coach and trainer Steve Hess....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends