US: Coca-Cola responds to CCE lawsuit verdict
The Coca-Cola Co. has responded to a US court ruling dismissing allegations that it controlled its bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises to maximise profits.
CCE had alleged that Coca-Cola engaged in pushing large volumes of concentrate to CCE to meet sales targets, forcing the bottler to change plans for its Rocky Mountain division, resulting in reduced projected profits.
The judge ruled that Coca-Cola, which owns 35% of the bottler, had "every right" to revise prices, terms of payment and other conditions in supplying the bottler with syrup and concentrate, and that those changes could take effect immediately upon notice to the bottler.
Speaking to just-drinks yesterday (24 October) a spokesperson for the company said: "Our relationship with CCE is independent and transparent."
The spokesperson added: "We are pleased with the judge's decision."
PepsiCo is aiming to become the largest beverage company in Russia and its recent acquisition of a majority stake in the juice company, JSC Lebedyansky, represents an important step towards achieving ...
The Coca-Cola Co. will continue to sponsor the torch relay as part of the run-up to the summer Olympics in Beijing, despite protesters opposed to China's policies in Tibet....
The Coca-Cola Co. has been given the go-ahead by the Indian government to invest in its soft drinks arm in India....
The board of directors of The Coca-Cola Company yesterday (17 April) declared a regular quarterly dividend of 38 cents per common share. The dividend is payable 1 July 2008, to shareowners of record a...
The Coca-Cola Co. has reported a lift in quarterly profit due to strong international sales offsetting slower sales in North America's "challenging economic climate"....
Moscow police are looking for the murderers of the Russian Juice Producers Union's president, who was beaten to death by masked attackers last weekend, according to local reports....
The Coca-Cola Co. has secured a placing for its Odwalla juice drinks portfolio in Caribou Coffee shops in the US....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends