US: Coca-Cola reintroduces vanilla line
Coca-Cola North America has reintroduced Vanilla Coke to its 'sparkling beverage' line-up.
The soft drinks company said late last week that the brand relaunch will include new logos and packaging. The company also confirmed plans to launch a zero calorie version of the drink, named Vanilla Coke Zero.
Andrew McMillin, group director of Coca-Cola North America said: "The Coca-Cola Zero brand has been embraced by millions of people because it delivers the great taste of Coca-Cola without the calories, and Vanilla Coke Zero captures the smooth taste of Vanilla Coke in the same way."
The company has said that the new line of drinks will be available in 12oz cans, 20oz bottles, 1.5-litre and 2-litre bottles and promoted in approximately 10,000 supermarkets across the US. The Vanilla Coke marketing campaign will include cinema and online advertising as well as point-of-sale displays, sampling and merchandising.
Coca-Cola now refers to its carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) as 'sparkling beverages' in all its communications in an effort to address the unhealthy image and declining sales of fizzy drinks with healthier product launches.
Speaking last week, the soft drinks company, confirmed its US$4.2bn cash purchase of Glaceau, formally Energy Brands Inc. Glaceau will operate as a separate business unit within Coca-Cola North America, and its top three executives will lead the business for a minimum of three years.
Coca-Cola North America has unveiled a new television advert aimed at family audiences across the US....
Coca-Cola India is reportedly in talks to create a joint venture in the country with Tata Tea....
Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola has endowed a professorship of consumer insight and marketing at the IMD business school in Lausanne....
Athens-based soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) is to form a joint venture partnership with Coca-Cola and the Italian coffee company Illycaffè to market ready-to-drink cof...
Coca-Cola Drycker Sverige AB has invested in its bottling facility, the company said today....
The Coca-Cola Co. has been asked by national campaigners to reveal the source of its Dasani brand bottled water in the US....
Japanese Coke bottler Coca-Cola Central Japan Co. has posted a 39.1% increase in net profit for the first nine months of the year to JPY2.57bn (US$22.4m)....
Investment bank Citigroup has raised its rating of Coca-Cola Enterprises to "buy" from "hold"....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Brown-Forman launches brand nutrition website
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers