US: Coca-Cola Refreshments opens Shreveport facility
The Coca-Cola Refreshments facility will create 170 jobs
Coca-Cola Refreshments has opened a US$10m distribution facility in Shreveport, California.
The 101,100sq ft facility, which took 13 months to build, includes 90,600sq ft of warehouse and fleet shop space, 10,500sq ft of office space and ten loading docks. The official opening took place on Monday (6 December).
"This new facility is a reflection of our continued dedication and investment in the Shreveport community as well as in our employees that work to service the citizens of this area," said Scott McCallister, sales centre manager, Coca-Cola Refreshments.
The facility will create 170 jobs and aims to distribute around 5.8m cases of soft drinks, enhanced water, tea and energy drinks per year.
Coca-Cola Refreshments was created as a result of the takeover of the North American operations of Coca-Cola Enterprises by The Coca-Cola Co earlier this year. The division comprises of the sales and operational elements of the North American businesses.
Budweiser brewer Anheuser-Busch InBev has become the latest FIFA sponsor to express misgivings about corruption scandals surrounding the world football body....
PepsiCo has held on to the top spot in a chart of commercial sponsorship spenders in the US in 2010....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research