CHINA: Coca-Cola pushes Chinese medicine reach
The Coca-Cola Co. has opened a Chinese medicine research centre in Beijing.
The company said today (15 October), that The Coca-Cola Research Center for Chinese Medicine is part of its long-term agreement with the China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences.
The opening of the research centre will be followed by a personal health workshop, co-sponsored by The Beverage Institute for Health & Wellness of The Coca-Cola Co. (BIHW), focusing on traditional Chinese medicine's approach to healthy living.
Coca-Cola vice president, chief scientific and regulatory officer Dr. Rhona Applebaum said: "We see this centre as an important step in strengthening our innovation pipeline for beverages that contribute to well-being. This collaboration will ultimately help us bring the insights and benefits of traditional Chinese medicine to consumers all over the world.
"We can add global reach and world-class marketing skills to help promote Chinese wisdom in preventive holistic health through new and innovative beverages."
The centre will combine both the research experience of TCCC and the academy's team of researchers and scientific technology, the company said.
China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences president Dr. Hongxin Cao added: "Prevention is one of the key guiding philosophies behind Chinese medical sciences. As a result, Chinese medicine has theories and practices to help people live healthier lives. By joining forces with The Coca-Cola Co., we will be much more effective in bringing Chinese medicine to the world through packaged beverages."
PepsiCo is aiming to become the largest beverage company in Russia and its recent acquisition of a majority stake in the juice company, JSC Lebedyansky, represents an important step towards achieving ...
As a practical, economical and lightweight packaging medium, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is without peer and has become widely used by soft drinks producers. But as environmental pressures have g...
The Coca-Cola Co. has secured a placing for its Odwalla juice drinks portfolio in Caribou Coffee shops in the US....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Coca-Cola Co. and Illycaffè have finalised their global joint venture, kickstarting it with the launch of three premium RTD coffee products across a number of European markets....
Trading in the securities of US soft drinks company Beverage Creations has been suspended, due to "manipulative forces or deceptive practices"....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has acquired a franchised Coca-Cola bottling company in Mexia, Texas....
The best-selling new US beverage in 2007 was Vault, a soft drink owned by Coca-Cola Co., which hit sales of $70m, according to industry analysts IRI....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends