US: Coca-Cola premieres seasonal TV advertising
Coca-Cola North America has unveiled a new television advert aimed at family audiences across the US.
The soft drinks company said today (21 November), that the adverts, part of its 'Coke Side of Life' campaign, involve a 30 second spot called 'At The Table', which will be aired during family programming times in the run up to Christmas.
The adverts will be shown on channels "such as ESPN and ABC's college football broadcasts during Thanksgiving weekend, and on ABC's broadcast of 'The Polar Express' on 30 November", the company said.
The campaign emphasises the importance of family meal times and will be followed by a second installment entitled 'Around The Table', which will be aired nationally in January, the company added.
Coca-Cola North America chief marketing officer Katie Bayne said: "Each of these 'Coke Side of Life' ads is about friends and families connecting and sharing. There is now considerable research that shows the tangible benefits of sharing meals together. We understand and believe in the value of coming together - during the holidays and every day."
Coca-Cola has confirmed that its 'Arctic Beach Party' advertising, featuring a family of polar bears and penguins, will also be aired during the holidays, while its 'Coca-Cola Sundblom Santa' will begin appearing in out-of-home advertising in cities around the US this week.
Continuity of brand message may be sound marketing practice, but Annette Farr wonders whether Coke’s Christmas advertising chimes with the times. Rather than re-running old ads, she suggests Coke coul...
If Coca-Cola Company CEO Neville Isdell thought the impending end of his tenure would allow him to bow out of his last AGM as CEO peacefully, he would have been sorely disappointed....
Shares in the Dr Pepper Snapple Group officially begun trading on the New York Stock Exchange on Wednesday (7 May). Headlines accompanying the first few days of this newly-listed soft drinks group wer...
The Cognac market - or at least the VSOP-and-above part of it - is riding the crest of a wave and will be finding it increasingly difficult to meet demand. But having seen booms and busts before, Chri...
Coca-Cola Hellenic (CCHBC) has had a "solid start" to 2008, with sales and profits both rising in the first quarter....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has posted a net loss in its first quarter in what it has described as an "extremely challenging" cost environment....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has confirmed its latest quarterly dividend....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future