IRELAND: Coca-Cola plans new plant in Wexford
The Coca-Cola Company is to submit a planning application for the building of a manufacturing and innovation facility in Wexford, Ireland.
The investment is estimated at around US£300m, of which a portion would be used for R&D activities.
The flavour manufacturing facility is expected to create around 60 jobs a year after its opening and another 100 after five years.
Crystal Warwell Walker, Coca-Cola spokesperson said: "As part of our consideration, we are filing an application for planning and no final decisions have been made."
The company said it will make a formal announcement if the project receives planning approval.
The Irish Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Employment, Mary Coughlan told reporters yesterday (2 July) that the proposed investment would be a "terrific addition to the industry base in Wexford and the South East Region".
Childhood obesity is already a chronic problem and is forecast to escalate further during the next few decades. Soft drinks are frequently cited as one of the dietary villains behind this worrying tre...
Bottled water was the fastest growing sector of the global soft drinks market in 2007 but as the economic downturn squeezes middle-class wallets in Western Europe and North America, there is evidence ...
Coca-Cola Amatil is seeking approval from New Zealand's competition authority to buy fruit drinks brand Baker Halls....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Lion Nathan has refused to back down from its approach for Coca-Cola Amatil, despite The Coca-Cola Company's swift rebuttal of its initial A$7.7bn offer....
Australian brewer Lion Nathan has raised its 2009 outlook despite "volatile" economic conditions and a "challenging" financial year....
Coca-Cola Amatil has rejected a near A$8bn bid from fellow Australian beverage group Lion Nathan, following opposition to the deal from The Coca-Cola Company....
The Coca-Cola Company has today (30 October) announced new targets to improve water efficiency and reduce carbon emissions within its system-wide operations....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US