SPAIN: Coca-Cola offices raided by competition officials
Accusations that Coca-Cola is abusing its dominant market position in Spain have resulted in offices and three of its independent Spanish bottling plants being raided by the country's competition regulators.Rivals, Pepsico and Virgin Drinks have both made complaints to the authorities claiming that Coca-Cola has entered exclusive agreements with bottling plants and distributors, offering incentive programmes for companies that refuse to stock rival products.If, the allegations are proved true and Coca-Cola has been abusing a dominant position in Spain, the European Commission has the power to fine Coke up to 10% of their global revenue.Accusations and subsequent raids by regulators are not new to Coca-Cola, there have been similar raids on the company in Germany, Austria, Denmark, and inquiries are currently taking place in Italy, Mexico and Greece.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Luxury rum heads for slowdown as US growth stalls
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts