SPAIN: Coca-Cola offices raided by competition officials
Accusations that Coca-Cola is abusing its dominant market position in Spain have resulted in offices and three of its independent Spanish bottling plants being raided by the country's competition regulators.Rivals, Pepsico and Virgin Drinks have both made complaints to the authorities claiming that Coca-Cola has entered exclusive agreements with bottling plants and distributors, offering incentive programmes for companies that refuse to stock rival products.If, the allegations are proved true and Coca-Cola has been abusing a dominant position in Spain, the European Commission has the power to fine Coke up to 10% of their global revenue.Accusations and subsequent raids by regulators are not new to Coca-Cola, there have been similar raids on the company in Germany, Austria, Denmark, and inquiries are currently taking place in Italy, Mexico and Greece.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets