SPAIN: Coca-Cola offices raided by competition officials
Rivals, Pepsico and Virgin Drinks have both made complaints to the authorities claiming that Coca-Cola has entered exclusive agreements with bottling plants and distributors, offering incentive programmes for companies that refuse to stock rival products.
If, the allegations are proved true and Coca-Cola has been abusing a dominant position in Spain, the European Commission has the power to fine Coke up to 10% of their global revenue.
Accusations and subsequent raids by regulators are not new to Coca-Cola, there have been similar raids on the company in Germany, Austria, Denmark, and inquiries are currently taking place in Italy, Mexico and Greece.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends