US: Coca-Cola NA gives Nestea revamp, additions
Coca-Cola North America is revamping the packaging and product offering for its Nestea RTD iced tea range in the US.
The company confirmed today (6 May) that the Nestea range will receive updated packaging across the board, while Green Tea Citrus and Diet Green Tea Citrus are now available nationwide. Both products contain 50% more antioxidants, with 96 milligrams of flavonoid antioxidants per eight ounces, the Coca-Cola unit noted.
The new packaging, meanwhile, features updated graphics that call attention to the antioxidant content and all-natural fruit flavours.
Green Tea Citrus and Diet Green Tea Citrus will be packaged in straight-wall, 20oz and half-litre PET bottles, as will Nestea's Iced Tea with Lemon and Diet Iced Tea with Lemon flavours. Iced Tea with Lemon also comes in aluminium cans and two-litre PET bottles.
The brand will be the subject of a marketing programme in the US this year, which includes national print advertising, digital media, point-of-purchase displays, public relations and consumer sampling programmes. Financial details behind the promotion were not disclosed.
A global economic downturn and soaring raw materials costs have forced beverage companies to reduce the amount of material used in their packaging, a new report says....
The top ten most read stories on just-drinks last week....
One of France's principal wine producers will export its 2008 Beaujolais Nouveau in plastic bottles for the first time this year....
Boisset Family Estates has introduced three varietals of French wine in PET bottles made with 'oxygen scavenger' technology for the US market....
Top bottled water companies Nestlé Waters, Danone and Highland Spring, have launched a new industry lobbying association to jointly promote their sector....
Burgundy-based winemaker Labouré-Roi has unveiled an eco-friendly initiative to coincide with the launch of its 2008 Beaujolais Nouveau....
PepsiCo and Britvic have signed a sports drink deal for its Gatorade's brand to sponsor Guinness Premiership English rugby....
The management at Cott Corporation has said it remains upbeat about the future, despite lowering its expectations for this year....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research