US: Coca-Cola marketing boss gets millions
The Coca-Cola Co.'s new marketing chief is in line to receive millions of dollars in compensation, according to a recent filing.
The soft drinks company unveiled in its quarterly report to the Securities and Exchange Commission yesterday (24 October), that the recently-appointed Joseph Tripodi shall receive a one-time US$2m contribution to the company's deferred compensation plan.
The letter gives details of Tripodi's employment contract, such as a salary of $525,000 per annum and a $500,000 introductory bonus to be received within 30 days of the start of employment, as well as a one-time restricted stock grant to the tune of $2m.
The company also promised to award Tripodi with a one-time stock option, worth an estimated $1.5m at his first compensation committee meeting and other benefits such as financial planning, pension plans, country club membership and private medical and dental care.
Tripodi, who was previously senior vice president and chief marketing officer for Allstate Insurance, was hired by TCCC to begin work from 4 September, leading the company's global marketing and commercial organisations.
Before then, Tripodi had served as chief marketing officer for The Bank of New York and Seagram Spirits & Wine Group, as well as holding executive roles with both MasterCard International and Mobil Oil Corp.
PepsiCo is aiming to become the largest beverage company in Russia and its recent acquisition of a majority stake in the juice company, JSC Lebedyansky, represents an important step towards achieving ...
The Coca-Cola Co. will continue to sponsor the torch relay as part of the run-up to the summer Olympics in Beijing, despite protesters opposed to China's policies in Tibet....
The Coca-Cola Co. has been given the go-ahead by the Indian government to invest in its soft drinks arm in India....
The board of directors of The Coca-Cola Company yesterday (17 April) declared a regular quarterly dividend of 38 cents per common share. The dividend is payable 1 July 2008, to shareowners of record a...
The Coca-Cola Co. has reported a lift in quarterly profit due to strong international sales offsetting slower sales in North America's "challenging economic climate"....
Moscow police are looking for the murderers of the Russian Juice Producers Union's president, who was beaten to death by masked attackers last weekend, according to local reports....
The Coca-Cola Co. has secured a placing for its Odwalla juice drinks portfolio in Caribou Coffee shops in the US....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Brown-Forman launches brand nutrition website
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers