CHINA: Coca-Cola marches on with new $106m Hebei bottling plant
The bottling plant is the group's 43rd in China
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a new US$106m bottling plant in China's Hebei region as part of a wider investment programme in the country.
The 42-acre plant, in Shijiazhuang, will initially bottle sparkling and still products, including Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta, and Minute Maid. Three additional lines will be installed over the next few years, while 2,000 jobs will be created, the company said yesterday (24 Ocotober).
The facility, which is Coca-Cola's 43rd plant in China, is part of a three-year $4bn investment in the country.
Hebei region, the company said, has become one its most important growth regions, with a population of around 72m and a per capita GDP of $5,259.
“Today’s inauguration of this world-class plant is a major milestone,” said Zhang Jixiang, president & COO of COFCO Coca-Cola. “Upon completion, it will become the largest of our 12 Coca-Cola bottling plants in China.”
View Larger Map
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
Energy drinks are a category of non-alcoholic beverages that contain stimulants such as caffeine in combination with numerous other ingredients such as taurine, methylxanthines, amino acids, herbal ex...
Synopsis Canadean's "Coca-Cola HBC Serbia: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a ...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets