CHINA: Coca-Cola marches on with new $106m Hebei bottling plant
The bottling plant is the group's 43rd in China
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a new US$106m bottling plant in China's Hebei region as part of a wider investment programme in the country.
The 42-acre plant, in Shijiazhuang, will initially bottle sparkling and still products, including Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta, and Minute Maid. Three additional lines will be installed over the next few years, while 2,000 jobs will be created, the company said yesterday (24 Ocotober).
The facility, which is Coca-Cola's 43rd plant in China, is part of a three-year $4bn investment in the country.
Hebei region, the company said, has become one its most important growth regions, with a population of around 72m and a per capita GDP of $5,259.
“Today’s inauguration of this world-class plant is a major milestone,” said Zhang Jixiang, president & COO of COFCO Coca-Cola. “Upon completion, it will become the largest of our 12 Coca-Cola bottling plants in China.”
View Larger Map
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
The Coca-Cola Company slightly underperformed the world’s soft drinks market amid the recession in Western Europe and slow economic recovery in the US. It is actively expanding in low calorie carbonat...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
Energy drinks are a category of non-alcoholic beverages that contain stimulants such as caffeine in combination with numerous other ingredients such as taurine, methylxanthines, amino acids, herbal ex...
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute