CHINA: Coca-Cola marches on with new $106m Hebei bottling plant
The bottling plant is the group's 43rd in China
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a new US$106m bottling plant in China's Hebei region as part of a wider investment programme in the country.
The 42-acre plant, in Shijiazhuang, will initially bottle sparkling and still products, including Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta, and Minute Maid. Three additional lines will be installed over the next few years, while 2,000 jobs will be created, the company said yesterday (24 Ocotober).
The facility, which is Coca-Cola's 43rd plant in China, is part of a three-year $4bn investment in the country.
Hebei region, the company said, has become one its most important growth regions, with a population of around 72m and a per capita GDP of $5,259.
“Today’s inauguration of this world-class plant is a major milestone,” said Zhang Jixiang, president & COO of COFCO Coca-Cola. “Upon completion, it will become the largest of our 12 Coca-Cola bottling plants in China.”
View Larger Map
Energy drinks are a category of non-alcoholic beverages that contain stimulants such as caffeine in combination with numerous other ingredients such as taurine, methylxanthines, amino acids, herbal ex...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research