CHINA: Coca-Cola marches on with new $106m Hebei bottling plant
The bottling plant is the group's 43rd in China
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a new US$106m bottling plant in China's Hebei region as part of a wider investment programme in the country.
The 42-acre plant, in Shijiazhuang, will initially bottle sparkling and still products, including Coca-Cola, Sprite, Fanta, and Minute Maid. Three additional lines will be installed over the next few years, while 2,000 jobs will be created, the company said yesterday (24 Ocotober).
The facility, which is Coca-Cola's 43rd plant in China, is part of a three-year $4bn investment in the country.
Hebei region, the company said, has become one its most important growth regions, with a population of around 72m and a per capita GDP of $5,259.
“Today’s inauguration of this world-class plant is a major milestone,” said Zhang Jixiang, president & COO of COFCO Coca-Cola. “Upon completion, it will become the largest of our 12 Coca-Cola bottling plants in China.”
View Larger Map
Energy drinks are a category of non-alcoholic beverages that contain stimulants such as caffeine in combination with numerous other ingredients such as taurine, methylxanthines, amino acids, herbal ex...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015