US: Coca-Cola lines up fresh Minute Maid offerings in US
Coca-Cola North America has added two additions to its Minute Maid offering in the US.
The soft drinks giant today (8 March) unveiled the Minute Maid Enhanced Juices and Breakfast Blends portfolios for the US. The two lines will be available nationally in supermarkets, convenience and other retail stores from early March.
Included in the Enhanced Juice line are Minute Maid Multi-Vitamin and Minute Maid Active. The Minute Maid Heart Wise variety will also be repackaged as part of the launch.
Minute Maid Multi-Vitamin is enhanced with 16 vitamins and minerals, while Minute Maid Active contains 750 mg of Glucosamine HCl to help support healthy joints. The three drinks will be available in 59oz PET bottles, featuring an 'easy-pour' side grip.
The Breakfast Blends range has been rolled out in reaction to the current high price of orange juice in the US due to poor crop forecasts in October. Fortified with 100% vitamin C, the line of citrus-based beverages contains 32% to 44% real juice and is available in three varieties - Citrus, Tropical and Berry.
"Seventy percent of US households purchase chilled orange juice, and there are many different needs and lifestyles represented by these consumers," said Allison Barrett, Minute Maid senior brand manager.
Since their introduction 30 years ago, the use of PET bottles has expanded hugely in the soft drinks market, writes Richard Corbett of industry analysts Canadean. But challenges remain, not least boos...
Pepsi Bottling Group has confirmed that it is building a new production facility in Las Vegas....
China Water & Drinks has entered into a deal to acquire a stake in packaging company Hutton Holdings Corporation....
The Coca-Cola Company has unveiled plans to build the world's largest plastic-bottle-to-bottle recycling plant in the US....
Coca-Cola North America has launched a new 'on-the-go' bottle design....
Beer appears to be the alcoholic drink of choice in the developing BRIC markets, according to a series of recent reports....
Cott Corporation's Mexican business has acquired the assets of the El Riego company in Mexico....
Nestle Waters is set to buy a water production facility in the US, according to local reports....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends