US: Coca-Cola launches new contour bottle
Coca-Cola North America has launched a new 'on-the-go' bottle design.
The company said today (5 September) that it has introduced a new 20oz PET contour bottle for all of its Coca-Cola brands. The bottle, which is targeted at people looking for convenient and immediate refreshment, showcases an easy-to-hold and easy-to-open design, the company said.
The new recyclable bottle, embossed with the Coca-Cola logo, differs to the current 20oz contour bottle, due to its added texture and grip enhancements and uses 5% less PET than its predecessor.
The bottle launch will be supported by an integrated marketing campaign, including out-of-home and radio advertising as well as point of sale displays, vending machines and posters with the tagline 'Get a Grip on Your Thirst'. The bottle will begin rolling out in convenience stores this month and will be available across the US by early next year.
Coca-Cola North America chief marketing officer Katie Bayne said: "We've taken America's favourite brand and interpreted its famous contour bottle in a fresh new way which we think is perfect for today's active consumer. The new Coca-Cola contour bottle is another example of the company's commitment to creating new products and packaging that meets consumers' needs."
A recent BBC TV documentary in the UK has re-opened the debate about the environmental costs of bottled water. Annette Farr believes the documentary was one-sided and irresponsible....
The wine world - whether consumers or producers - is often characterised as traditional and conservative. But environmental concerns, rising transport and raw material costs and the need to cater for ...
Coca-Cola Icecek has launched Coca-Cola Zero in Turkey. The zero calorie brand has now been launched in over 50 countries, including the US and UK....
Calypso has announced plans to launch a tropical juice addition to its soft drinks range to celebrate this year's Fairtrade Fortnight in the UK....
The Coca-Cola Co. has declared a long term goal to recycle or reuse all of the aluminium beverage cans that it sells in the US....
PepsiCo has given details of its latest quarterly dividend....
Coca-Cola North America has introduced two additions to its Minute Maid Enhanced Juices line in the US....
PepsiCo has lined up an addition to its juice portfolio in India....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research