JAPAN: Coca-Cola Japan Co eyes stake in bottler
Coca-Cola Japan is seeking to buy a 50% stake in Tone Coca-Cola Bottling Co, a subsidiary of Japanese soy sauce maker Kikkoman.
Kikkoman said today (26 January) that it has entered talks with Coca-Cola Japan with a view to the soft drinks giant buying a stake in the Tone bottler.
Both companies hope to reach a deal by the end of March, said the firms in a joint statement. Tone is based near to Tokyo.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co has reported a slight dip in net sales for the first quarter of 2009....
Soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Bottling Consolidated has declared a dividend for the second quarter of its fiscal 2009 of $0.25 per share....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends