JAPAN: Coca-Cola Japan buys bottler stake
The Coca-Cola Japan Company has acquired just over one-third of a bottler in the country.
Coca-Cola Japan confirmed yesterday (25 June) that it has agreed with the Tokyo Coca-Cola Bottling Company to buy a 34% in the bottler through the purchase of newly-issued shares.
Under the terms of the agreement, Coca-Cola Japan said it will work with the bottler to "identify a new president and appoint one third of the board". Representative director and president of the bottler, Keiji Takanashi, will continue as chairman and CEO and representative director.
"As strategic partners, both companies will collaborate in tackling new initiatives in the Tokyo market as they head toward the future, and will strive towards realising synergies for the Coca-Cola system in order to achieve sustainable growth at a level higher than at present.," Coca-Cola Japan said.
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has confirmed details of its new CFO....
The Coca-Cola Co. is not planning to find a replacement chief operating officer following last week's reshuffle announcement....
The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co. is set to stand down next year....
Japanese soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola West Holdings has announced that it is merging its two wholly-owned production subsidiaries, Coca-Cola West Japan Products Co. and Kinki Coca-Cola Products Co....
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review