TURKEY: Coca-Cola Icecek volumes rise in 2008
Coca-Cola Icecek, the Turkey-based soft drinks producer and bottler of Coca-Cola Co brands for Central Asia and the Middle East, has reported double digit volume growth in 2008.
Volumes rose by 11% for the 12 months to 533m unit cases, each containing 5.7 litres, Coca-Cola Icecek (CCI) said today (16 January).
Volumes in the fourth quarter rose by 15%, boosted by the addition of Pakistan to the firm's customer list.
CCI warned that the global economic slowdown has begun to bite in some markets, however.
"Strong growth in the Middle East markets continued, although growth rates in the Central Asia Region lagged well behind expectations in 2008," it said, adding that Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan were worst hit.
International volumes still rose by 15% for the year, while the company's native Turkey reported growth of 10%, boosted by promotions around Ramadan and the UEFA European Championship, as well as launches of Coca-Cola Zero and Sprite 3G.
Tata Tea has selected DSC Logistics as its US distribution partner....
Grand Marnier parent company Marnier-Lapostolle has announced a new senior sales team....
Coca-Cola Co has launched the latest in its series of Nascar-related adverts for Coca-Cola Zero, to coincide with the brand's fourth anniversary....
Coca-Cola Co's subsidiary for Inner Mongolia, the autonomous region affiliated to China, is to open a US$19m bottling plant....
Read the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Coca-Cola Co. has opened two bottling facilities in China this week....
The Coca-Cola Co. is offering consumers in the US the chance to win a US$250,000 home in California....
The Coca-Cola Co has agreed to break ties with the Nestea brand in Brazil, in order to gain regulatory approval for its acquisition of RTD tea producer Leao Junior....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range
- AB InBev launches Budweiser Uber tie-up in UK