TURKEY: Coca-Cola Icecek to take bottler control in Eurasia
Coca-Cola Içecek has set up a raft of share purchases, which will see the company gain full control of three bottlers in Eurasia.
The Turkey-based bottler said late last week that it will buy the outstanding shares in Coca-Cola Almaty Bottlers, Coca-Cola Bishkek Bottlers and Azerbaijan Coca-Cola Bottlers from The Coca-Cola Export Corporation, a fully-owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company. Including the purchase of just over 13% of Turkmenistan Coca-Cola Bottlers from the subsidiary, CCI said it will spend US$30.4m in total on the transactions.
Following the completion of the share purchases, CCI's share will account for 99.5% of Coca-Cola Almaty Bottlers, total control of Coca-Cola Bishkek Bottlers, 99.9% of Azerbaijan Coca-Cola Bottlers and 47% of Turkmenistan Coca-Cola Bottlers.
The announcement follows confirmation earlier last month that CCI is in talks with Coca-Cola to acquire an equity stake in Coca-Cola Beverages Pakistan, which is majority-owned by Coca-Cola.
If Coca-Cola Company CEO Neville Isdell thought the impending end of his tenure would allow him to bow out of his last AGM as CEO peacefully, he would have been sorely disappointed....
Blamed for contributing to rising obesity, traditional carbonated soft drinks, notably colas, have suffered in recent years. But the sector has responded with a plethora of new, healthier drinks, many...
Coca-Cola Içecek has lined the purchase of a 50% stake in Coca-Cola Beverages Pakistan....
Shares in major soft drinks producers fell yesterday (16 June) on concerns that serious flooding in the corn-growing region of the central US will increase the costs of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS)...
Coca-Cola Içecek subsidiary CCI International Holland (previously Efes Invest Holland) is to build its own production facility in Tajikistan....
Carlsberg hopes to have completed negotiations to sell off a handful of soft drinks brands to The Coca-Cola Company by the second quarter of this year, a spokesman reiterated to just-drinks today....
Global soft drink giant The Coca-Cola Company has announced it is to invest US$50m in the expansion and up-scaling of its bottling lines across Kenya....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has seen "soft economic conditions" in North America hamper its first quarter performance....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends