TURKEY: Coca Cola Icecek sales volumes up
Coca Cola Icecek saw sales volumes rise by 9% to 151 million unit cases from 138m unit cases in the second quarter of 2007.
Consolidated sales volume were up by 11% to 242m unit cases in the first half of 2008, from 218m unit cases in the first half of 2007.
Volumes in Turkey increased by 11% to 195m unit cases in the first half.
CCI said the year started well with a high growth rate of 16% in the first quarter driven by the launch of Coca-Cola Zero in February, and the January VAT reduction which resulted in decreasing retail stock levels in the fourth quarter of 2007.
In the first half of the year, both Coca-Cola Zero and Fanta contributed "significantly" to the growth of the sparkling beverages category. Despite the slowdown of the category in Turkey since the beginning of the year, CCI managed to increase its sales compared to the same period last year.
CCI launched Zero in Jordan and Syria in April 2008. In addition, Coca-Cola 500 ml PET Grip Bottle and Riwa water brand were launched in Kazakhstan and Syria respectively, in May.
Concern over environmental impacts and the need for functionality have precipitated many notable packaging innovations in the soft drinks arena. Simon Maddrell of Euromonitor International takes a loo...
More than 99% of soft drinks tested by the UK food safety watchdog have been found to contain benzoate and sorbate preservatives within the legal limits....
Coca-Cola North America has added Red Tea Pomegranate Passion Fruit to its line of Nestea ready-to-drink iced teas....
Boisset Family Estates is to export its 2008 Beaujolais Nouveau to the US in plastic bottles....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India