TURKEY: Coca-Cola Icecek reports no damage from earthquake
Coca-Cola Icecek has operations in Çorlu, Bursa, Izmir, Ankara, Mersin, Elazig, Sapanca and Köycegiz.
Coca-Cola Icecek has said that none of its operations have been affected by the earthquake that hit eastern Turkey earlier this week.
Around 523 have been reported killed and 1,650 injured by the 7.2 magnitude earthquake that struck eastern Turkey on Sunday (23 October). The cities of Ercis and Van were the worst hit.
Coca-Cola Icecek, which has eight facilities across Turkey, has said that its operations have not been affected by the disaster. A spokesperson told just-drinks today (27 October): "We have been very active in sending drinks, especially water from our nearby plants and we have been collaborating with our distributors in the region to provide further help."
The company said it has committed around US$1m to help relief efforts. The Coca-Cola bottler has operations in Çorlu, Bursa, Izmir, Ankara, Mersin, Elazig, Sapanca and Köycegiz.
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Coca-Cola Co apologises over Fanta ad
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future