TAJIKISTAN: Coca-Cola Icecek plans US$30m production plant - report
Coca-Cola Icecek is eyeing an investment in Tajikistan according to the report
Coca-Cola Icecek is planning to build a US$30m a production plant in the Central Asian country of Tajikistan, according to reports.
An agreement was reached on a memorandum of understanding between the company and country's investment committee on Friday (23 November), the Associated Press said. No firm date has been set for a deal, the report added.
Last week Coca-Cola Iceck, the Coca-Cola system's sixth-largest bottler, reported a sharp rise in nine-month profits driven by a strong performance in Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Iraq. The group is 20% owned by the Coca-Cola Co.
Tajikistan, a land-locked country in Central Asia, borders Afghanistan to the south, Uzbekistan to the west, Kyrgyzstan to the north, and China to the east. It was granted independence from the Soviet Union in 1991.
Soft drinks are becoming a target for health campaigners in the same way as tobacco and alcohol are. Increased taxes are now a real threat. But, as Richard Corbett argues, if producers move swiftly th...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Foods and Drinks in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports/Energy Foods, and Sports/Energy Drinks....
This report analyzes the Global market for Sports and Fitness Nutrition Supplements in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Amino Acids/Derivatives, Herbal Products, Prohormones, Vitamins/Mi...
FEMSA is the leading bottling company for The Coca-Cola Co in Mexico and globally. The company also manages a large retailing division under the OXXO brand with over 10,000 stores across the country a...
The key story on the market in 2012 was the revelation that The Coca-Cola Co had purchased, via its subsidiary Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co, the Belarusian juice factory Vlanpack, as well as the wel...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future