TURKEY: Coca-Cola Icecek looks for Dogadan stake
Coca-Cola Icecek has said it is on the hunt for a 50% stake in Turkish tea company Dogadan Gida Urunleri Sanayi ve Pazarlama.
The Turkey-based company said yesterday (31 January) that it has opened discussions with The Coca-Cola Company to acquire the stake in Dogadan. The company, which produces herbal tea, fruit tea, green tea and black tea, was acquired by an affiliate of Coca-Cola last year.
"Should further developments on the issue arise, CCI will make the necessary announcements," the company concluded.
Dogadan is the leading brand in the herbal and fruit infusions category in Turkey, the second largest black tea market after India. The country has the highest per capita tea consumption in the world.
I know what is top of mind for all of you — the current macroeconomic environment and its impact on our results," said Muhtar Kent, CEO of The Coca-Cola Company, yesterday (17 July) as he reported the...
Blamed for contributing to rising obesity, traditional carbonated soft drinks, notably colas, have suffered in recent years. But the sector has responded with a plethora of new, healthier drinks, many...
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
The Coca-Cola Company has reported a fall in second quarter earnings, as the company took a hit on a non-cash impairment charge at bottler Coca-Cola Enterprises. Despite the fall, the result was still...
Coca-Cola Enterprises today (18 July) reported a second-quarter net loss of US$3.2 billion, as the company took a hot from a non-cash pre-tax impairment charge of US$5.3 billion....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news on V&S and A-B and cost pressures at Cott, whilst whisky dominated the spirits headlines....
The Coca-Cola Company is to submit a planning application for the building of a manufacturing and innovation facility in Wexford, Ireland....
Shares in major soft drinks producers fell yesterday (16 June) on concerns that serious flooding in the corn-growing region of the central US will increase the costs of high fructose corn syrup (HFCS)...
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- Beam Suntory to roll out "Scotch-infused" Bourbon
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Spirit Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts