CAGE 2014: Coca-Cola Icecek keen to grow territory
Coca-Cola Icecek presented at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference this week
The head of Coca-Cola Icecek's parent company has expressed his desire to expand the soft drinks bottler's footprint, but has warned that such opportunities are limited.
Coca-Cola Icecek, which is majority-owned by Anadolu Efes, operates predominantly in Turkey, but also has presence in Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Jordan, Iraq, Syria and Tajikistan. Last year, the company saw volumes in Turkey inch up by 0.9%, while international volumes soared by 31.7%.
Speaking at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London yesterday (18 March), Damian Gammell, beverage group president of Anadolu Efes parent Anadolu Group, said that the Coca-Cola bottler is on the look-out for opportunities abroad. “Like all bottlers,” he said, “we'd like more territory. If you look at our balance sheet, you can see that we're in a good place.
“If the right opportunity came along, then we'd like to take it,” he continued. “There are not a lot of bottlers willing to sell at the moment, though. There's nothing on the horizon at the moment.”
To view the slides from Coca-Cola Icecek's presentation at CAGE yesterday, click here.
Anadolu Efes Biracilik ve Malt San AS - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
Alcoholic Drinks in Turkey industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains d...
Alcoholic Drinks in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains d...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets