CAGE 2014: Coca-Cola Icecek keen to grow territory
Coca-Cola Icecek presented at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference this week
The head of Coca-Cola Icecek's parent company has expressed his desire to expand the soft drinks bottler's footprint, but has warned that such opportunities are limited.
Coca-Cola Icecek, which is majority-owned by Anadolu Efes, operates predominantly in Turkey, but also has presence in Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Jordan, Iraq, Syria and Tajikistan. Last year, the company saw volumes in Turkey inch up by 0.9%, while international volumes soared by 31.7%.
Speaking at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London yesterday (18 March), Damian Gammell, beverage group president of Anadolu Efes parent Anadolu Group, said that the Coca-Cola bottler is on the look-out for opportunities abroad. “Like all bottlers,” he said, “we'd like more territory. If you look at our balance sheet, you can see that we're in a good place.
“If the right opportunity came along, then we'd like to take it,” he continued. “There are not a lot of bottlers willing to sell at the moment, though. There's nothing on the horizon at the moment.”
To view the slides from Coca-Cola Icecek's presentation at CAGE yesterday, click here.
Anadolu Efes Biracilik ve Malt San AS - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
Alcoholic Drinks in Turkey industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains d...
Alcoholic Drinks in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains d...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report