CAGE 2014: Coca-Cola Icecek keen to grow territory
Coca-Cola Icecek presented at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference this week
The head of Coca-Cola Icecek's parent company has expressed his desire to expand the soft drinks bottler's footprint, but has warned that such opportunities are limited.
Coca-Cola Icecek, which is majority-owned by Anadolu Efes, operates predominantly in Turkey, but also has presence in Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Jordan, Iraq, Syria and Tajikistan. Last year, the company saw volumes in Turkey inch up by 0.9%, while international volumes soared by 31.7%.
Speaking at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London yesterday (18 March), Damian Gammell, beverage group president of Anadolu Efes parent Anadolu Group, said that the Coca-Cola bottler is on the look-out for opportunities abroad. “Like all bottlers,” he said, “we'd like more territory. If you look at our balance sheet, you can see that we're in a good place.
“If the right opportunity came along, then we'd like to take it,” he continued. “There are not a lot of bottlers willing to sell at the moment, though. There's nothing on the horizon at the moment.”
To view the slides from Coca-Cola Icecek's presentation at CAGE yesterday, click here.
Sue Clark has spent the last two-and-a-half years heading up SABMiller's European business. It's been a tough introduction to the world of P&L, after ten years in a corporate affairs role. Here, just-...
Alcoholic Drinks in Turkey industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). Th...
Alcoholic Drinks in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). Th...
Beer in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains de...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future