TURKEY: Coca-Cola Icecek in double acquisition
Coca-Cola Icecek (CCI) is to acquire a 12.5% stake in Turkmenistan Coca-Cola Bottlers from Day Investment Ltd for US$2m, according to local press reports today (30 May).
The Turkey-based company has also approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding for the acquisition of certain assets, licenses and rights relating to Sandras Natural Source Water Company.
Terms of the Sandras transaction are subject to regulatory approval and valuations, CCI said.
Upon completion of the Turkmenistan deal, Coca-Cola Icecek is expected to increase its controlling stake in Turkmenistan Coca-Cola Bottlers to 59.5%.
The company purchased a 13.75% stake last year and will reportedly buy an additional 12.5% stake from Day Investment within the next three years.
Coca-Cola was unavailable for comment when contacted by just-drinks today.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020