TURKEY: Coca-Cola Icecek in double acquisition
Coca-Cola Icecek (CCI) is to acquire a 12.5% stake in Turkmenistan Coca-Cola Bottlers from Day Investment Ltd for US$2m, according to local press reports today (30 May).
The Turkey-based company has also approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding for the acquisition of certain assets, licenses and rights relating to Sandras Natural Source Water Company.
Terms of the Sandras transaction are subject to regulatory approval and valuations, CCI said.
Upon completion of the Turkmenistan deal, Coca-Cola Icecek is expected to increase its controlling stake in Turkmenistan Coca-Cola Bottlers to 59.5%.
The company purchased a 13.75% stake last year and will reportedly buy an additional 12.5% stake from Day Investment within the next three years.
Coca-Cola was unavailable for comment when contacted by just-drinks today.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research