TURKEY: Coca-Cola Icecek head moves up to Anadolu Efes CEO role
Coca-Cola Icecek is overseen by Anadolu Efes, which in turn is controlled by Anadolu Group
Anadolu Efes has promoted the CEO of its Coca-Cola Icecek unit to be its next leader.
Damian Gammell, who took the helm at Coca-Cola Icecek in January 2012, will move up to become CEO of Anadolu Efes and beverage group president of the two units' parent company, Anadolu Group. Gammell will replace Alejandro Jimenez at Anadolu Efes.
Jimenez, who assumed the CEO position in 2007, is set to retire, the company said.
Replacing Gammell at Coca-Cola Icecek will be Burak Basarir, the unit's Turkey region president. Gammell will remain as a board member at CCI.
The changes will take effect on 1 January, the two units said.
Earlier this year, Anadolu Efes posted a marked slide in half-year EBITDA, despite a slight rise in net sales in the period. The firm releases its Q3 and nine-month results on 11 November.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends