Coca-Cola Icecek confirms Tajikistan plant opening
Coca-Cola Icecek has confirmed the opening of a new production plant in the Central Asian country of Tajikistan.
The plant, in the capital Dushanbe, started production in May, a spokesperson for Icecek told just-drinks today. Financial and capacity details have not been disclosed.
The plant was first reported on in 2012, when an agreement was reached on a memorandum of understanding between the Coca-Cola bottler and Tajikistan's investment committee.
Last week, another Coca-Cola bottle, Coca-Cola Enterprises, announced its merger with the German unit of the Coca-Cola Co and with Coca-Cola Iberian Partners to form Coca-Cola European Partners.
It was announced in August 2015 that Coca-Cola Enterprises will merge with Coca-Cola Iberian Partners and Coca-Cola Erfrischungsgetränke AG to create Coca-Cola European Partners....
The creation of Coca-Cola European Partners create a unified European entity for Coca-Cola, with this operating in nearly all Western European countries....
Sales of NH bottled water are soaring in the UK, with 2015 seeing 11% retail volume growth for the second consecutive year....
Consumers in the UK are increasingly focusing on health and nutrition, with a growing number seeking more natural diets....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne