IRAQ: Coca-Cola Icecek acquires rest of Iraq bottler
Coca-Cola Icecek acquires control of Iraq bottler
Coca-Cola Icecek has acquired the remaining 70% of Iraq drinks bottler CC Beverage Ltd for a total US$36.9m.
The company said today (10 March) that it has increased its indirect shareholding in CC Beverage Ltd (CCBL) from 30% to 100%. It has done this by acquiring shares in CCBL's parent firms from The Coca-Cola Export Corp for $36.9m.
Coca-Cola Icecek has acquired SSG Investment Ltd, which owns a 40% share in CCBL, and the 50% stake of Coca-Cola Bottling of Iraq that it does not already own. Coca-Cola Bottling of Iraq holds a 60% share in CCBL.
Turkey-based Coca-Cola Icecek is itself a subsidiary of Turkey's Anadolu Efes and is the world's fifth biggest Coca-Cola drinks bottler by volume. The Coca-Cola Export Corp retains a 20% stake in Coca-Cola Icecek.
To read the official statement, click here.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China