SPAIN: Coca-Cola Iberian Partners to close four bottling plants
Coca-Cola Iberian Partners, a company created from the integration of seven Coca-Cola bottling companies in Spain, will shut down four of its 11 plants, a company representative has told just-drinks.
A final decision on which four plants will be closed as part of the reorganisation is expected next month. “This process will affect ... around 20% of Iberian Partners’ staff, or around 1,200 employees,” said an Iberian Partners spokesperson today (13 December).
“Internal relocations or early retirements will be offered" to encourage employees to volunteer as part of the changes, the spokesperson said.
He added: "That means that, at the ends of negotiation period, the final number of redundancies would be significantly lower."
The reorganisation will allow Iberian Partners to operate as a more agile, efficient and competitive company, he explained.
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss