SPAIN: Coca-Cola Iberian Partners to close four bottling plants
Coca-Cola Iberian Partners, a company created from the integration of seven Coca-Cola bottling companies in Spain, will shut down four of its 11 plants, a company representative has told just-drinks.
A final decision on which four plants will be closed as part of the reorganisation is expected next month. “This process will affect ... around 20% of Iberian Partners’ staff, or around 1,200 employees,” said an Iberian Partners spokesperson today (13 December).
“Internal relocations or early retirements will be offered" to encourage employees to volunteer as part of the changes, the spokesperson said.
He added: "That means that, at the ends of negotiation period, the final number of redundancies would be significantly lower."
The reorganisation will allow Iberian Partners to operate as a more agile, efficient and competitive company, he explained.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk