SPAIN: Coca-Cola Iberian Partners to close four bottling plants
Coca-Cola Iberian Partners, a company created from the integration of seven Coca-Cola bottling companies in Spain, will shut down four of its 11 plants, a company representative has told just-drinks.
A final decision on which four plants will be closed as part of the reorganisation is expected next month. “This process will affect ... around 20% of Iberian Partners’ staff, or around 1,200 employees,” said an Iberian Partners spokesperson today (13 December).
“Internal relocations or early retirements will be offered" to encourage employees to volunteer as part of the changes, the spokesperson said.
He added: "That means that, at the ends of negotiation period, the final number of redundancies would be significantly lower."
The reorganisation will allow Iberian Partners to operate as a more agile, efficient and competitive company, he explained.
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites