SPAIN: Coca-Cola Iberian Partners to close four bottling plants
Coca-Cola Iberian Partners, a company created from the integration of seven Coca-Cola bottling companies in Spain, will shut down four of its 11 plants, a company representative has told just-drinks.
A final decision on which four plants will be closed as part of the reorganisation is expected next month. “This process will affect ... around 20% of Iberian Partners’ staff, or around 1,200 employees,” said an Iberian Partners spokesperson today (13 December).
“Internal relocations or early retirements will be offered" to encourage employees to volunteer as part of the changes, the spokesperson said.
He added: "That means that, at the ends of negotiation period, the final number of redundancies would be significantly lower."
The reorganisation will allow Iberian Partners to operate as a more agile, efficient and competitive company, he explained.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research