TURKEY: Coca-Cola Içecek approves Efes Invest capital increase
Coca-Cola Içecek's (CCI) board of directors approved the capital increase of its 100% affiliate Efes Invest Holland B.V. by US$30m.
In a statement to the Istanbul Stock Exchange, the company said that the amount will be used to repay existing loans and for new investments.
CCI produces, sells and distributes soft drinks in Turkey, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Jordan and Kyrgyzstan. CCI also has 33.3% interest in Turkmenistan Coca-Cola Bottlers Ltd., the Coca-Cola bottler in Turkmenistan.
In addition, CCI is party to a joint venture that has the exclusive distribution rights for brands of the Coca-Cola Company in Iraq and has the option to become the sole Coca-Cola bottler in Iraq.
In the fourth quarter of 2005, CCI expanded its bottling operations beyond Turkey with the acquisition of an 87.63% interest in Efes Invest (EFES.IS) which acquired a 90.0% interest in CC Jordan.
Continuity of brand message may be sound marketing practice, but Annette Farr wonders whether Coke's Christmas advertising chimes with the times. Rather than re-running old ads, she suggests Coke coul...
Coke's choice of Muhtar Kent as its next CEO ensures a smooth transition from Neville Isdell, and has gone down well with the company's bottling partners. But while the promotion of a chief operating ...
Cadbury Schweppes has announced the new name for its soon-to-be demerged North American drinks unit....
Last week's announcement of an impending change at the top of The Coca-Cola Company has been attacked as "a wasted opportunity"....
The Coca-Cola Company has extended its sponsorship agreement with NASCAR in the US by a further 10 years....
The Coca-Cola Company is looking to up its profile in China with its sponsorship of the World Expo in Shanghai in 2010....
The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co. is set to stand down next year....
The Coca-Cola Company has distanced itself from an "unsolicited" mini-tender offer launched by investment holding company K&N Value Select Corp....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends