JAPAN: Coca-Cola hit by product recall
Coca-Cola is recalling around 570,000 bottles of soft drinks in Japan.
The recall, confirmed on Monday (1 May), is the result of the discovery of iron powder in some products. Coca-Cola Japan has highlighted, however, that the drinks pose no health hazard to consumers, and that the recall is merely a precautionary measure.
A spokesperson for the company said earlier this week that six brands were affected - 2-litre Aquarius and 500ml Qoo Tottemo Orange, as well as Coca-Cola, Diet Coca-Cola, Fanta Orange and Fanta Grape bottled in 1.5-litre PET bottles.
The drinks were manufactured between 26 and 30 March at one of the group's factories in Shiga Prefecture, and sold in a total of 13 prefectures mainly in central and western Japan.
A customer alerted the company to "a substance which looks like black powder" in a bottle of Aquarius bought on 27 April, the spokesperson said. Further investigation revealed that a small amount of iron powder had mixed with the beverage due to a defect in equipment used to measure sugar and carbon dioxide in the manufacturing line.
Australian packaging giant Amcor is to expand its North American operations after securing a contract to supply PepsiCo....
Coca Cola France has made a series of executive appointments....
Coca-Cola FEMSA, the world's second-largest Coke bottler, has seen first-quarter sales rise by almost 8%, driven by growth in Mexico and Brazil....
Coca-Cola Enterprises today (27 April) reported a 20% slump in operating profit for the first quarter of 2006 as restructuring charges weighed on earnings....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced its dividend for the second quarter....
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has named former InBev boss John Brock as its new president and CEO....
PepsiCo has agreed to end its practice of using labels containing lead-based ink on soft drink bottles sold in Mexico....
Coca-Cola Co. has signed an exclusive deal to provide branded refreshments for US Airways flights....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q3 & YTD
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- PepsiCo to close Russian juice plant
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research