GREECE: Coca-Cola Hellenic reviews stock market listings
Coca-Cola Hellenic is reviewing its stock market listings
Coca-Cola Hellenic has confirmed it is reviewing its stock market listings, following reports that the bottler is eyeing a listing in London.
The group, the world's second largest bottler of Coca-Cola products, said in a statement today (17 September) that it is "seeking to better leverage its stock exchange listings". It added: "This continues to be work in progress. No specific approach has been selected."
The statement came after Sky News reported on Saturday that the group is considering switching its main listing from Athens to the London Stock Exchange, which would take it straight into the blue-chip FTSE100. It also has a listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
A note from investment bank Jefferies, quoted by Sky, said: "The obvious concern with a Greek listing is the risk that Greece exits the Euro and investors are left holding shares in a new (presumably seriously devalued) currency rather than Euros."
The Athens-based group, which operates in 28 countries, already has an inactive listing in London from when the group was formed in 2000 via the merger of Hellenic Bottling Company and London-based Coca-Cola Beverages.
Sectors: Soft drinks
Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd looks at some of the pack designs being implemented for soft drinks and asks, is the industry in the business of selling beverages, or has it inappropriately diversified...
It's 4th and goal for this year's Super Bowl, and beverage companies are continuing their traditionally hefty advertising presence at Sunday's (3 February) showpiece NFL event....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets