GREECE: Coca-Cola Hellenic expects to offload shares in Q2
CCH is looking to get a listing on the London Stock Exchange
Coca-Cola Hellenic (CCH) is looking to complete a voluntary share exchange offer ahead of a switch of its main stock exchange listing.
The Athens-based group announced in October that it had set up Coca-Cola HBC AG, a Swiss holding company, to acquire CCH's ordinary shares through an exchange offer. Following the purchase, it hopes to take a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange , by the second quarter of this year, while maintaining a presence on the Athens and New York stock exchanges.
In an update today (9 January), CCH, Coca-Cola Co's second largest bottler, said that the exchange offer remains subject to regualatory approvals.
It added: “Coca-Cola HBC AG is working closely with the relevant regulators to obtain these approvals and currently expects commencement of the acceptance period after publication by Coca-Cola Hellenic of its 2012 financial statements and completion of the voluntary share exchange offer early in the second quarter of 2013.”
In November, the group posted a 15% drop in nine-month net profits, blaming difficult trading environments in established markets.
The drinks sector is particularly fertile ground for mergers and acquisition activity, with a number of big businesses accustomed to making acquisitions to spur growth, new players popping up all over...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research