GREECE/NIGERIA: Coca-Cola Hellenic close to Nigerian Bottling Co deal
Coca-Cola Hellenic gets shareholder backing for Nigerian Bottling Co buyout
Nigerian Bottling Co's shareholders have backed a EUR94m (US$136m) bid by Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co to acquire all outstanding shares in the company.
A spokesperson for Greece-based Coca-Cola Hellenic confirmed to just-drinks today (26 July) that that Nigerian Bottling Co's shareholders have given their blessing to the deal.
"The proposed transaction will result in cost savings, reduce complexity and allow NBC to fully leverage the financial strength and resources of its parent company,” Coca-Cola Hellenic said at the time.
Heineken and Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co have completed the purchase of almost total control of their Macedonian joint-venture, Pivara Skopje....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World