GREECE: Coca-Cola Hellenic appoints region director
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has appointed a regional director for its operations in Nigeria and several south-east European markets.
The Greece-based bottler confirmed today (8 April) that Alain Brouhard will assume the position of region director for Nigeria, Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria, Serbia and Montenegro on 14 June. The role had been filled on an interim basis by the company's chief operating officer, Dimitris Lois, since August last year.
Brouhard was previously employed by Adidas Group, where he has held the position of managing director for Italy & south-east Europe since 2007, covering 11 countries. Brouhard began his career with Adidas in 2002, serving as vice president of commercial operations for Europe. In 2005, Brouhard undertook expanded responsibilities as managing director for Iberia.
Prior to his time with Adidas, Brouhard, who is a French national, spent 16 years with Procter & Gamble.
“Alain has strong leadership qualities with proven abilities in driving revenue and profit growth within a consumer goods environment across several geographies,” said Lois. “He has diverse operational experience gained within both developed and emerging market countries, and has demonstrated strong skills in leading successful brand and commercial strategies. I look forward to working with Alain to further strengthen our business in the countries under his responsibility."
In February, CCHBC reported an increase in full-year net profits, as cost savings offset weaker sales. For the year to the end of December, net profits amounted to EUR437m (US$605m), 3% above 2008 earnings.
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down