GREECE: Coca-Cola Hellenic appoints operations chief
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Co has appointed Dimitris Lois as its chief operating officer.
Lois will take up the newly created position from 1 August, the Greece-based bottler of Coca-Cola soft drinks said yesterday (2 July).
Lois is currently regional director at Coca-Cola Hellenic (CCHBC), responsible for several markets, including Greece, Romania and Nigeria. He has held the role for two years, and prior to this was MD for Frigoglass.
Reporting to CCHBC MD Doris Constantinou, Lois will be responsible for all of the firm's regional business units.
"This new organisational structure will enable Coca-Cola Hellenic to increase the speed and flexibility of decision making," said the group.
Keith Sanders, currently CCHBC general manager for Russia, Belarus and Armenia, will replace Lois as region director, the group added. Sanders has grown CCHBC's volume sales in Russia from 136m cases in 2004 to 285m in 2008.
Last month, CCHBC told just-drinks that it planned to cut 130 jobs in Ireland, as part of a restructuring drive that has seen 4,500 jobs cut across the group since the second quarter of 2008.
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Corp has announced the launch of a EUR300m (US$450m) bond issue....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Corp has posted a slide in sales and profits for both its third quarter and the year so far....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Corp has reached a deal with trade unions over staff redundancy terms in Ireland....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has inaugurated an advanced energy saving power plant in Romania as part of an initiative to slash annual CO 2 emissions across all of Coca-Cola Hellenic's operatio...
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?