Coca-Cola HBC's Zagorka sale "makes sense" - Heineken CFO
Heineken agreed to buy the stake in August
In August, Heineken called time on a 20-year partnership with Coca-Cola HBC at the Zagorka brewery by agreeing to buy out the bottler's equal 49.43% share. The deal, for an undisclosed amount, is pending approval and expected to close in the last quarter of this year.
Today, after the release of Heineken's third-quarter results, chief financial officer Rene Hooft Graafland told analysts that Coca-Cola HBC and the Dutch brewer only partner in beer in Bulgaria and not in soft drinks.
“Hence, for them, it makes sense to sell us the other parts of that beer business, and that has no effect on the operation,” Graafland said.
A spokesperson for Heineken told just-drinks that the remaining 1.14% of Zagorka shares is held by about 1,700 private investors and legal entities.
In today's results, Heineken posted a 1.7% decrease in Q3 sales.
The Rugby World Cup is just over one week old and the event is dominating the television, radio and newspapers here in the UK. As one of the event's headline sponsors, Heineken hopes that this level o...
As Anheuser-Busch InBev and SABMiller agree to discuss a mutually-satisfactory takeover offer, Larry Nelson looks at who can be considered a winner and who a loser, should the US$104bn purchase go thr...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts