GREECE: Coca-Cola HBC reports buoyant 2006
Coca-Cola HBC today (14 February) posted a 13% jump in full-year profits for 2006 thanks to rising volumes across most of its territories.
The Greece-based bottler, which also has operations in 28 countries across Europe and Africa, saw operating profit reach EUR569m (US$745m).
When contributions from the company's recent acquisitions were included in the figures, Coca-Cola HBC said profits rose 15%. Last year, the company bought Italian water business Fonti Del Vulture, Serbian juice group Fresh & Co. and Cypriot drinks firm Lanitis Bros.
Sales rose 16% to EUR5.4bn on the back of an 11% increase in volumes, or 13% once acquisitions were factored into the figures.
Coca-Cola HBC managing director Doros Constantinou said he was "pleased" with the company's "strong" results. He added: "Our operating profit grew ahead of volume, building on our continued investments in sales force capabilities, once again demonstrating our ability to drive profitable growth in challenging conditions."
A strong performance in the first half, with profit and volume growth, has allowed Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling to raise its full year forecasts....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling has announced a dividend payable at the rate EUR0.32 per share at the Annual General Meeting, held on 20th June 2007....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) announced today that it has agreed to acquire 100% of Aquavision, a newly constructed production facility in Russia...
Coca-Cola HBC has announced that it may offer a special dividend to shareholders this year by either returning capital or giving out free shares...
Coca-Cola HBC is to spend up to US$120m on building a bottling plant in southern Russia....
Coca-Cola HBC is looking to make further acquisitions in the water and juice categories in Europe, its managing director said today (14 February)....
Coca-Cola HBC is "exploring" the idea of producing the traditional Russian bread drink kvas....
Coca-Cola HBC (CCHBC) is to invest EUR12.5m (US$16.2m) on building a plant on the Greek island of Crete....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future